One of the most fun parts of homeownership is hosting all your favorite events! Maybe you’re cooking a big meal for Friendsgiving or cheering on your favorite team during the big game. With awards show season fast approaching, we thought we’d give you some tips for hosting a Hollywood glamour inspired event!
Here are three fabulous drink recipes to please every palate at your party:
The Golden Glamour Cocktail
This glamorous cocktail is a show-stopper for sure!
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1/2 ounce elderflower liqueur
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 2 to 4 oz champagne, prosecco or sparkling wine
- lemon twist, for garnish
- Add gin, elderflower liqueur and lemon juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously.
- Pour into champagne glass.
- Top with the champagne.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
Black Tie Old Fashioned Cocktail
This classic Hollywood favorite is a perfect addition to your Red-Carpet festivities!
- 4 dashes bitters
- 2 oz whiskey (rye or bourbon)
- 1 orange peel
- 1 maraschino cherry
- 1 large ice cube
- *You can mix a teaspoon or cube of sugar with the bitters to take a little bit of edge off!
- If using, place 1 sugar cube in a whiskey cocktail glass. Soak with the angostura bitters and then mix together.
- Now, add an ice cube (or sphere) to the glass.
- Add whiskey and stir until the whiskey has chilled and the sugar has dissolved.
- Top with an orange peel and maraschino cherry.
Classic Shirley Temple Mocktail
This sweet treat is kid-friendly and has a glamorous ring to it!
- 4 oz. ginger ale
- 2 oz. orange juice
- Splash of grenadine
- Maraschino cherries
- Lemon slice or twist for garnish
- Pour the ginger ale, orange juice, and grenadine over ice.
- Stir well.
- Garnish with maraschino cherry and a lemon twist or slice.
- Serve with a cute straw for extra flair!
Through all the fashion faux-pas, red-carpet moments and tear-jerking speeches, these drink recipes will make your viewing party a big hit!